Thursday, March 9, 2006

Developmental Milestones

Okay, once again it's been a while, but there are a few new things to report about her majesty. She is very interested in using the potty, though she won't do it yet, she'll tell us she has already gone, and then want to sit on the potty for a while. After she sits there for a while, she grabs the toilet paper and "wipes" herself. It's all very cute.

Today I was putting on her Strawberry Shortcake DVD and I had to flip through some different inputs to get there. In the process, I passed by Elmo. I just kept going, but she turned around and said very clearly, "go back!" It sounded more like "go baa" but still. Using two words to make a sentence at this age, I don't know what to do with her. She's so very smart.

She takes the lid off of the chap stick, puts some on, and then puts the lid back on like a pro. She also pretend answers the cell phone, she'll hold it right up to her ear and say, "hi?" and then continue having an imaginary conversation on the phone. She tells us when she's hungry either by using sign language for "Food" or by going into the kitchen or cabinets and bringing me what she wants. She brings me juice cups when she's thirsty too. Some of this stuff is normal I assume, but some is not... like telling Mommy to "go back". She amazes me every single day.

She doesn't get sad when I leave for work anymore, she just stands at the door and waves and says, "bye bye". She blows kisses and smiles. What a big girl she's becoming.

Oh, and she loves eating her dino bites for lunch... but now her majesty HAS to dip the chicken in Ketchup before she eats it. She saw us doing it and had to do it too. Now she's hooked. She is a very good eater though. She loves her veggies, especially steamed broccoli.

And, right now she is throwing a fit for some reason... sounds like Daddy blocked her freeway into the kitchen, and she's none too pleased. She is very opinionated. I'm glad to have a strong willed child, though I may regret saying that at some point. I'm glad she can think for herself.

No comments: