Thursday, May 24, 2007

sassafrass (this will be the title of a lot of blogs I fear)

OH where to begin? Well as I was reading my last entry which I wrote a while ago, I noticed that she was almost singing “twinkle, twinkle little star”. Now she sings the whole thing like a pro, as well as “farmer and the dell”, “pat a cake”, “happy birthday”, “abcs”, “wipe your bottom” (a song from the potty training video) and many other songs I can’t think of right now. Oh, “itsy bitsy spider” too. She calls it “ibsy bibsy pider” which is adorable to me.

Kat is in a very defiant phase right now. When we tell her it’s nap time, she turns very naughty. She’ll jump on the bed, argue, hit the wall, shake her bed rail, anything to be naughty. She’ll actually yell, “Mommy! I jumping and being naughty! I not sleeping!” Before and after nap she is pretty much an angel, just not during the actual nap. She’ll fight for a full 2 hours and basically wait until we say nap time is over. It’s very frustrating because nothing has changed with our routine. We still read, sing and put her down. She’s fine until we leave and then naughty, naughty, naughty. We’ve tried punishing for not taking naps, rewarding for when she does, letting her have “quiet time” and just read books. So far no success but I’m not giving up. She is so tired when she doesn’t sleep so it’s not as though she doesn’t need them anymore. Something will work, I just hope I remember to write it down when it does so I can refer back to it in case it happens again with baby #2.

It seems like Kat has allergies now, poor thing. She has had basically clear snot for over 2 months now and unfortunately she takes after me, nothing seems to work for her. I’ve tried Claritin, benadryl, Rondec DM, Dimetapp Elixer…. I think maybe that’s it. Oh Triaminic. Nothing seems to work, and most of them make her hyper instead of sleepy, so she really doesn’t nap on the days she takes those!

Kat’s problem solving skills still amaze me daily. She heard me talking about swimming at my grampa’s soon and ran into her room and grabbed her floatie. I told her we would try to go soon. (the pool is too cold right now). She said, “yeah, I want to go to my grampa’s house” The rest of the conversation went like this:

Me: “oh? You want to go to Grampa’s house?”
KK: “no! not Grampa’s house! BIG PAPA’s house!”
Me: “oh sorry, you said Grampa, so you want to go to Big Papa’s house?”
KK: “yeah! Not regular Grampa who brings me coins, Big PAPA!”
Me: “Ok baby, you want to go to Big Papa’s house”
KK: “yeah, not regular Grampa who brings me coins. Big Papa. That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you!
Me: “yes baby, I understand what you’re trying to tell me.”
KK: “yeah, regular Grampa is Papa Jeff!”

She’s right, she tends to call my dad Grampa and my grampa Big Papa. I don’t know what started that but rest assured, Kat knows the difference!

Kat loves to nurse her baby now. She puts the baby’s head over her shoulder and pats her back and says “oh, c’mere” and then tells me, ‘”quiet Mommy! I’m nursing my baby!”

Her memory is getting even longer too! We took her to the beach yesterday and she told me, “remember when we went to the beach and looked for shells?” That was back in February! We had a really good time at the beach and right before we left I took her on the carousel at the boardwalk. She rode by herself and as we were leaving she told me, “I had a good time at the beach today Mommy!”

Kat and I go on Starbucks dates pretty often and we just sit there and talk to each other. Actual, real conversations. She is so amazing. She orders her own stuff too! “Kids manilla milk and a banana coffee cake pwease”.

Every night we ask her what her favorite part of the day was. She usually says, “when I got my kids manilla milk”. I think it’s just habit now to say that.

A few days ago Kat was sitting on my lap while I was typing something and she sneezed. I didn’t do or say anything and she looked at me and said, “um, bless me!” It was so cute. It was filled with attitude, but it was cute.

Not so cute, the other day we were at Taco Bell and she did something naughty… yelled at Hubby I think. When she says things that aren’t nice, we tell her that it’s sassy talk and it will not be tolerated. Well she mouthed off to Hubby and then looked at me and said, “and don’t’ tell me sassy talk!” GRRRRRRRR!

Driving to Mrs D's the other day to drop her off, she started growling. I said, “Oh! Are you being a dinosaur?” She said, “No! I not a dinosaur! I just tending to be a dinosaur! I not really a dinosaur!” Ok then, my bad. She’s just pretending to be a dinosaur, but let the record show… she is not really a dinosaur. Stinker
Also the other day she was telling me she had a baby in her tummy. When we both have something that is the same, we touch and say “cheers!”. Well I was driving, so I couldn’t touch my belly to hers and say “cheers!”. Instead, I reached my hand behind me and said, “cheers!” She said, “no! You don’t have a baby in your hand, you have a baby in your belly! Not in your hand!” Man, she knows everything. If you don’t believe her, just ask her!

She is constantly correcting us, she really believes that everything we know, she taught to us. Crazy kid man. I love her.

No comments: