Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Naughty

Kat is in a very naughty phase right now. She doesn’t listen, and doesn’t seem to care at all when she is disciplined. I’m not real sure what to do now. She hasn’t taken naps for almost 3 months now, and her doctor said not to keep pushing it. She supposedly gets enough sleep at night. The problem is, come “nap time”, she is tired and irritable and naughty. We battle for a couple of hours trying to get her to stay in her room, then she’s fussy for the rest of the day. I don’t feel like anything we do is particularly productive. We’ve tried time out, ignoring her, sitting in the room, leaving her door open, we’ve even yelled at her I’m sorry to say. She’ll just look you in the eye and get up and jump on her bed, or get out of bed and smuggle a toy back in. We’ve told her she can read in bed, or sing, or talk to her friends. She wants none of that. We go in time after time and find her standing on the edge of her bed, or something else dangerous. She’s fallen out a couple of times and that doesn’t even teach her. I don’t want her to break her neck in there but I also don’t know what to do with her besides get rid of her bed that took us so long to be able to buy. It’s a very frustrating situation.

When we do put her on time out, she gets up and leaves. We start her time over, and time after time she’ll get up just to make us angry. I don’t know where along the line she stopped caring. She used to be such a well behaved little girl. We’ve never slacked in discipline so I don’t know where this is coming from. We give her lots of attention and praise. I don’t know what we’re missing but I hope we figure it out before she’s all messed up.

No comments: