Wednesday, July 30, 2008

my little artist



So I have been so proud of Kat's art lately. She didn't really start drawing too much until a couple of months ago, and it has taken off from there! Her art has meaning and depth (yes, I am absolutely prejudiced!)! This is a picture that she entered into the sprout sharing contest. The contest is "what do you like to do during the summer". She got quiet for a few moments (quite a feat for her) and finally said, "Mommy, I like to play ball during the summer. I'm going to draw a picture of that so you can put it on the computer and I can be on TV" (Isn't technology amazing?)

Anyhow, this is her playing ball in a grassy field. When asked who she is playing ball with she says, "Well, that's me grown up. So little me and grown up me are playing ball together". Man, I wonder what a child shrink would say about this? None the less, it's precious to me. She has many more pieces of amazing art here.

No comments: