Thursday, January 19, 2006

funny little girl

Such a monkey. I really should have written sooner, because I'm sure I'm going to forget some of the key things I always think "I need to write this down".

Anyway, she started saying 2 word sentences a week or so ago. We were in bed and she pointed to Chad's pillow and I told her the word was "pillow". Then she pointed to the door and said, "daddy?" I told her daddy was at work. She pointed back to the pillow and said, "daddy pillow" It sounded more like "Day pao" but I knew what she meant. So dang cute! And when Matt and Jess watched her last Monday, she started saying "brown bear". (She has a brown bear she's in love with) Again, it sounded more like "buh beh" but still, you know what she's saying.

She has started throwing tantrums again. She did it for a week and then got over it, but she started again today. She throws herself down oh so carefully onto her belly, then hits the floor and kicks. It's funny that she'll be calm until she's on her tummy... it's not like she throws herself down. She's too smart for that.

Today, when it was naptime...I couldn't find Piglet. (She always sleeps with a piglet doll and her brown bear) I told her she could just sleep with brown bear for now. She yelled and started running around the house yelling, "piwit! piwit!" Like she was calling for him. It broke my heart. Thankfully, he was found, and nap time went as planned.

When she cries in the night and Chad goes to get her to come to bed and nurse for a bit... she'll be standing up yelling and as soon as he walks in, she grabs either piglet or brown bear, or her blankie, or a combo of and then reaches to be picked up. She doesn't want to leave her friends behind, it's so very cute.

Also, yesterday she told me she was all done napping by standing up and yelling, "MOM! MOM MOM! mama! mamamamam! mom mom! What could I do? I hopped to and got her!

Last night was the first time in a while that she slept through the night. From 8:00PM to 6:00AM we didn't hear a peep. Then she nursed and slept again until about 8:30. What a good girl.

She found her dolly stroller today and she loves pushing around her stuffed animals in it. Not too coordinated yet, but it's adorable.



She uses everything as a makeshift microphone. She'll say, "lalalala!" into her actual microphone, as well as anything that remotely looks like a microphone. I sang the abc's to her the other day and she copied up until about g with the tune only. Very smart girl!

That's all I can remember for now.

No comments: