My little monkey is such a little girl now, I hardly see any baby left at all. Kat definitely likes to test authority... just to see how much she can get away with. She's usually pretty good, but she always pushes just a little. Like just now, I heard her playing with the Christmas ornaments... when I went out there, she dropped the one in her hand and started to walk away. Mischievous!
The other day, she came in to the bathroom to find mommy in the bathtub. She wanted to get in, but I had filled the tub with hot water, so I called Daddy to come and occupy her for a while. So he stood there for a minute in the hall talking to both Kat who had run to her room and me who was in the tub. Suddenly I hear, “Kat?” and she had gone in her room, taken off her diaper, and run back into the bathroom naked. She thought that was why she couldn’t get in the tub! So of course I drained the hot water and let her in. She’s so smart!
Yesterday, she started blowing kisses. We had been trying to get her to do it for quite a while and she finally just did it... to Uncle Matt.
Now she also will lift her shirt way up if you ask her, “where’s your belly?” And she will pull her stuffed animals and blanket out of her crib through the slats and then “go night night” pretty much anywhere.
If she is thirsty, she brings me a sippie cup. Hungry, she opens the cabinet and brings me some of her food. Tired, she brings me either her blanket and lays down in front of me, or like yesterday she brought me her “Goodnight Moon” book. This is always the last book we read to her before we put her down. She’s a very smart little girl.
When we give her food, she wants to always feed it to herself now. She’ll put it in her mouth and then nod and say, “good”.
She seems to be enjoying Barney more so than Sesame Street now, although she’ll still watch. I think we need to start letting her watch more stuff, she might be getting bored.
Kat dances now whenever we sing anything, or when music comes on TV. She’ll bob her little head and get her little body going... it’s quite cute.
Thursday, January 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment