It's been a couple of months since I've updated this! It's because a certain Chuka Monkey keeps me very very busy. Also, I'm working a bunch of extra hours, which sucks.
Anyhow, Kat is doing very well with her words. She says two syllable words now. In fact, her first two syllable word was "cookie". She wanted a cookie from Auntie Candy and I said "how do we ask for a cookie?" and she said, "Coo Kee Pweez". She's so cute. Her next 2 syllable word is "baby". She also says "bown bao" (Brown bear)
Kat has no trouble knowing the difference between "ga" (yes) and "nyoo" (no). She thinks about her answer before she gives it, which I love.
Kat has to go to an outside sitter now, Nanette. Nanette is a school teacher and her husband is a cop. They live just a few minutes from Kaiser. They have a 2 year old boy named Brodie and a 4 month old baby, Ella. Kat plays very well with Brodie. Brodie is in a "mine" phase but Kat is very good natured about it. She is in LOVE with baby Ella. She hold her and says, "me baby" telling me she wants to hold the baby. Then I let her hold the baby, and she kept kissing her and showing the baby where her eyes, nose and mouth are. She is very gentle with Ella and gets upset when Ella cries. When she cries, Kat rubs her tummy and says "baby baby". She's a little mommy.
Let's see, she climbs anything and everything. She can get up onto our bed, which is tall. She can also get herself into her high chair. Today while babysitting Brodie and Ella I came into the room and Kat was standing on top of a table. She moved a chair over to climb on, then got on the table... etc. She's a crazy little monkey with no fear whatsoever.
Kat stopped nursing as of 5-31-06. 17 months old! She was very easy to wean. For a few months now we've been only nursing in the morning when she woke up. One day I decided I'd just try to go get her and change her and feed her breakfast and not mention it. That worked for a couple of days. She asked a couple of times, but no big deal. Then in the shower she latched on for a minute before I could intervene. But I told her I'd get her a big girl sippie cup when we got out and she was fine with that. She hasn't mentioned it since. She's such a good, well adjusted little girl.
Her 18 month checkup is tomorrow with Dr. Gelber. He's such a good Dr... we're going to be very sad when he retires. Kat likes her doctor. He always comments on how she doesn't cry too much.
I know there was more I wanted to mention but it'll have to wait. My brain is a tad mushy now and so I'll see what I can remember and try to write more tomorrow.
Tuesday, June 6, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment