OK so Kat’s appt went well. She weighed 22 lbs, 4 oz. This only puts her in the 20th percentile for weight. She is just over 32 inches tall, which puts her in the 50th percentile for height. Her Dr. said that he thinks she will be tall as she grows older, probably shoot up when she hits puberty. He said that she is healthy and smart. She took a photo with him and afterward, he said that she is “really quite amazing”. He noted that she wasn’t afraid of much, and when she did get nervous, she was easy to talk down. I’m so proud of my girl!
The only vaccination that was ordered this time around was the first varicella. (chicken pox) She didn’t even cry! She tried to pull away and gave the nurse a dirty look, but didn’t cry. We clapped afterward and told her what a big girl she was. The nurse gave her a sticker and boy oh boy was she proud of that sticker.
Starting yesterday, but more so today, she says “meow” when asked to be a kitty. She used to say “mimimimimimi” but now it sounds real. She’ll get down on all 4’s and crawl and meow like a kitty. She’s so freaking cute!
She knows everyone in her family. She says “Tee” for auntie. She says “He” for both Rick and Henry. When she sees my dad or grampa she says “Pa”. Grandma is “Ma”. Chad is “DadDEE” and I’m “Mom Mom”. When you ask her what her name is, it’s “Kat”. She walks around pointing to things and saying their word. Chair, TV, Book, Bob (a piggy bank), I can’t even remember all the words she knows. Pretty much everything in the house she knows, as well as Dog, Cat, Airplane, Water, Car, Pizza. The list goes on. She knows all her body parts. You can ask her to point out pretty much all the colors: red, blue, green, purple, pink, yellow. Pink is her favorite right now and the only one that she’ll name. (You can ask her to point to red and she will, but if you ask what color is that she’ll only tell you pink) She knows her shapes: circle, square, star, heart, oval, rectangle, crescent.
Kat dances more than ever now. If music comes on she’ll look to make sure I’m watching her and then sway to and fro.
Her new favorite game is the copy game. She’ll cross her arms and then look at us, expecting us to cross our arms. We will, and she’ll just grin, then start to sway... we start to sway, she keeps grinning! She’ll then put her hands down on the ground, we copy. She never says anything, just keeps trying different things for us to copy. She is thrilled when 2 or 3 adults are all doing what she leads us to do.
She took a 3.5 hour nap today, which was wonderful. I hope this is a sign of things to come! We’ll see. Probably not. I don’t want to get too excited. Every time I get her from either a nap or waking up in the morning, I say, “Did you sleep well?” and she’ll say, “yeah!” But she says it like the thought about the answer! So cute!
OK well I’m going to go sneak into her room and watch her sleep for a minute then try to drift off myself.
Monday, June 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment