Monday, August 4, 2008

Kat says the damndest things

So today alone Kat has said so many crazy things I can't even remember. She's 3... THREE! But she speaks like she's, well, older than 3.

So today was her first day of a cooking class we put her in at the preschool that she will go to. She told me before Daddy took her to school that "sometimes she gets a little shy." I told her not to worry, that Daddy would stay with her until she felt ready for him to leave. She shrugged and said, "I'm ready, he can leave". Oh geez. She's growing up too fast! When we picked her up I had to choke back tears because she really was OK. She smiled and hugged me, but didn't seem at all concerned that I had been gone for the past FOUR hours. She had a blast.

Today she randomly asked me if I'd like to get naked and go swimming. Not too sure where she got that, but OK.... moving on.

At Toys R Us she got to pick out a new lunch box today for school. She chose an Abby Cadabby one and when we got to the car I realized it was torn. So she told her dad to please exchange it for an Ariel one. I told her to only get the one she wants, not the one she thinks we want her to get. She said, "I WANT the Ariel one. I changed my mind." I told her OK and Chad went in to exchange. So while he was in there I told her I was sorry that the Abby Cadabby lunch box she liked so much had a tear in it. Later I apparently repeated myself because she said, "Mommy, you already said that earlier. You don't have to be sorry... I got an Ariel lunch box now".

She was playing a game with Bear where he had to get the right shape into the right shaped hole. IF he started to do it wrong, she would say, "oh no honey, this way. I know honey. This way honey. Honey, it's like this..." Little Mommy!

Then earlier I was coming around the van and she said, "Oh Mommy, you scared me... and I had to make a face like this..." (asked me to move so she can hope out of the van and re-demonstrate how her face looked) She hopped down and made a fake scared face that was the cutest thing I saw all day. Then she got back in and proceeded with whatever crazy talk she had been doing. Later I was telling Hubby about this and she showed him the scared face and then asked if she could get out of bed long enough to see it in the mirror. She's so funny.



Darn it, that's all I can remember. She said so many more crazy things today.

No comments: