Kat's vocabulary and cognitive thinking is growing by the minute practically. I need to write some stuff down before I forget. These stories are happening so fast I can't get them all in print!
So the other day she had preschool and then Little Gym right after. Normally, this is not the case. Normally after preschool we come home and rest. But this day we had to do both. So on the way to Little Gym I was asking Kat about her day at school and she told me that they were playing restaurant in the play kitchen and a boy was playing with a toy. Then, another not nice boy came and ripped the toy out of the hands of the first boy. You know what she did? She told the mean boy, "HEY! That's not nice!" I was so proud of her I started to get a bit teary eyed! My little shy girl stood up for a boy she barely knows! I told her that she made a good decision and that it was nice that she helped the boy. (and of course told her that we never hit or push, but that it was OK to say something) So, I told her that for making a good decision, we would do something special together when we got home. She was very excited at my approval and thought for a few minutes...
Then she said, "Mommy, I'm feeling very tired. And I'm anxious to get my special time. So can we skip Little Gym just this once and go home now?" I know she likely was tired, so I agreed that this one time we could skip Little Gym and go home. Then on the way home, she told me, "But Mommy? You know what? Daddy still thinks I'm at Little Gym right now!" Her dad was at work, so I thought it was pretty funny that she realized that Daddy had no idea that we changed plans. She is a very good thinker.
When I'm at work, Kat will often steal some printer paper and tape and go into her room and wrap a "present" for me. Very sweet. So she did this a couple of nights ago and before bed laid my present out for me to see when I got home from work. She told Daddy, "Obviously, you can't tell Mommy what it is.... (whispers, with her finger up in the air).... but it's a hair pretty and a coin!" Obviously? Oh my.
So the only other thing I can think of right now is last night she was getting out of the bath and ready for bed. I asked her, "honey, is your room clean and ready for bedtime?" She said, "I think so, but go look". I asked her who the boss was and told her that she may not tell Mommy what to do. She said, "Mommy, I was just telling you what you could do, not what you should do." Oh, that's a hard one to argue with.
Call it a wild guess, but I think my hands are going to be more than full as she grows up. Yikes!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment